Painting Historic Brownstones Brooklyn Heights
When Brooklyn Heights, NY homeowners want to restore the original beauty of their beloved brownstones, they call the one painting company they always see in their neighborhood.
Many people that call us from the Brooklyn Heights section of Brooklyn, NY say “we’ve seen your vans in our neighborhood”.
JP Interiors, Inc. provides interior and exterior painting services in Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY with a focus on painting historic brownstone homes, house painting, loft painting, townhouse painting, and apartment painting.
If you need an experienced painter to repair water damage, skim coat ceilings and walls like new, fix plaster cracks, restore moldings or remove layers of crusty wallpaper, call JP Interiors for a superior job.
John and his crews are focused on making every client a client for life. The company’s customer satisfaction rating has consistently been 9.6 out of 10.
They have successfully completed over 3,000 painting projects for customers. They don’t just promise to do thorough and detailed painting jobs, they deliver.
John Parker started JP Interiors in 1995 and his goal was to provide quality craftsmanship and an eye for color while maintaining all the historic detail that discerning homeowners in Brooklyn love.
John is a trained artist with a BFA from Pratt Institute and an MFA in Art History from Hunter College. He has a dedication to detail and commitment to quality. John has steadily grown his painting company from himself to multiple small and medium-sized painting crews.
Understanding the special challenges in painting older brownstone homes and apartments.
Preparing for painting in older homes is a lot more challenging than most people realize. Many of John’s clients learned the hard way that you can’t just hire any painter to complete this specialized restoration work for your brownstone home in Brooklyn Heights.
- John and his crews have learned a lot about working in older homes in the historic neighborhoods in Brooklyn. In fact, their home base is in a 280-year old home that they lovingly maintain with the same attention and care they provide for their clients.
- They can probably tell you where you are experiencing cracking plaster before they see your home and can save old horse-hair and plaster over lathe walls. They can recreate the technique or replace it with drywall.
- 18 years of experience has allowed them to become experts in identifying and avoiding costly mistakes. Some painters will only look at the surface. John and his crews will make a careful examination of the substrate too. This is a necessary part of the preparation that leads to a quality painting and repair project.
- Older homes and buildings can reject new paint in many ways. Applying a new coat of paint without properly preparing the area will typically make problems caused by layers of old paint and wallpaper or deteriorating plaster a lot worse.
- Choosing the right type of coating isn’t as simple as running down to the local paint store and matching a color. Color, finish and the type of paint should all be considered before choosing the coating for an older building.
- The application techniques and details in the painting processes that we use will make the difference in a finished job you will enjoy every day.
When you are ready to paint your Brooklyn Heights brownstone you’ll want to hire someone that understands the challenges in these projects. We invite you to contact any of the 50 local references we provide and ask about our work.
It is possible to hire a professional painting contractor that will complete your project without all the headaches and hassles that are commonly associated with other painters and so-called painting services.
Brooklyn Heights Painting Company
Whether you are ready to paint one room or your entire home, we have the experience to make you proud to walk into your home again. Light carpentry repairs or full-scale trim carpentry is all done in-house by our staff of professional carpenters and painters.
Call today at 718.227.1200 for an estimate on your Brooklyn painting project.